Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sanyo Bose optical pickup

I'm trying to replace the optical pickup in a Bose CD wave radio, but
I'm having trouble finding the correct part. It's labeled Sanyo
SF-P100 and I've tried two SF-P100 pickups from two sources, but both
have had a different electrical connector with a different number of
pins. The one I need has 13 pins and the one I keep getting has 18
pins. The extra pins go to the photo diode array which also has more
pins than the old pickup. On the second try I even asked the supplier
if it had 13, or 18 pins and they assured me it had 13 pins. Does
anyone know the pinout of the 18 pin version? Does anyone know where
I can get the 13 pin version?

I know I could order it from Bose, but Bose wants around $80 for the
entire optical deck. Just the pickup from other sources is only
$10-$15.
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andy Cuffe wrote:
I'm trying to replace the optical pickup in a Bose CD wave radio, but
I'm having trouble finding the correct part. It's labeled Sanyo
SF-P100 and I've tried two SF-P100 pickups from two sources, but both
have had a different electrical connector with a different number of
pins. The one I need has 13 pins and the one I keep getting has 18
pins. The extra pins go to the photo diode array which also has more
pins than the old pickup. On the second try I even asked the supplier
if it had 13, or 18 pins and they assured me it had 13 pins. Does
anyone know the pinout of the 18 pin version? Does anyone know where
I can get the 13 pin version?

I know I could order it from Bose, but Bose wants around $80 for the
entire optical deck. Just the pickup from other sources is only
$10-$15.
Andy Cuffe

MCM has pictures of their Sanyo / Fisher pickups online. Helped me pick one
recently.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 05 Apr 2007 00:40:17 GMT, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

Andy Cuffe wrote:
[...]

MCM does have what I need, but it's almost as expensive as the part
from Bose.

Does anyone know where I could find the pinout of the 18 pin pickup?
I might be able to modify it to work in the Bose.

Andy Cuffe