Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default where do you get replacement lcd screens

I have a 15" Prima lcd TV with built in dvd player. The screen is cracked.
Can you buy replacement screens for theese or no?

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I've heard that too. Doesn't look good

"Lionel" wrote in message
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 00:16:09 -0400, "Pinballer"
wrote:

I have a 15" Prima lcd TV with built in dvd player. The screen is cracked.
Can you buy replacement screens for theese or no?

Quite possibly, but I'd bet money that the spare part price for the
panel will be nearly as (or even higher) than the retail price of a
new TV. (It's certainly the case with most laptops.)

--
W "Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them."
. | ,. w ,

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I did Prima warranty repairs, but not now, as the service is non
existant, from B.C. I can get you a price, if it's available,
but you need to post a model number. Likely, not economical. Dani.

On Mar 31, 2:16 am, "Pinballer" wrote:
I have a 15" Prima lcd TV with built in dvd player. The screen is cracked.
Can you buy replacement screens for theese or no?

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You are absolutely correct. I have a 7 year old laptop and needed a
few parts. It was cheaper buying a used which was great because I got
to swap out borderline parts also.
(laptop pismo from apple $110)

Also my presario 1500 has a bad lcd and a used one sells for $200
nowadays.

wrote:

I have a 15" Prima lcd TV with built in dvd player. The screen is cracked.
Can you buy replacement screens for theese or no?

Quite possibly, but I'd bet money that the spare part price for the
panel will be nearly as (or even higher) than the retail price of a
new TV. (It's certainly the case with most laptops.)

--
W "Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them."
. | ,. w ,
\|/ \|/ Perna condita delenda est

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You will have to go to the original manufacture distributor for this
type of part. I can tell you from past experience, the cost of the
screen will be very close or maybe more than replacing the TV set.

Jerry G.
--------

Pinballer wrote:
I have a 15" Prima lcd TV with built in dvd player. The screen is cracked.
Can you buy replacement screens for theese or no?

Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The model number of the tv is LV150B02X
if that helps. The tv is brand new but maybe last years model.

Thanks
Brian

oups.com...