Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Matsu****a tweeter: EAS6PH13S, EAS6PH13SA, or EAS6PH13SC requested

Will pay up to $35 U.S. for a used tweeter in excellent (probably
good) condition. Some of my Technics SB-5000 tweeters is blown so I
need some replacement.
Thanks.

Dmitry

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 22 Mar, 09:02, wrote:
Will pay up to $35 U.S. for a used tweeter in excellent (probably
good) condition. Some of my Technics SB-5000 tweeters is blown so I
need some replacement.
Thanks.

Dmitry

might be quicker to rewind them.

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

:
: Dmitry

: might be quicker to rewind them.

Might be the only solution too.

If that model number is correct and my memory isn't failing me, those have
to be close to 40 years old now.

Replacement tweeters for those were hard to get in the early 80's from what
I remember, can't believe anyone would have them today. For whatever reason
(probably the crossover), those tweeters used to smoke just by looking at
them cross-eyed.

In that case a zener across them and a series fuse may help. Not
ideal protection, but some protection.

NT