Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default PHILIPS TV CHASSIS CP110 no EHT

Am currenltly looking at this cp110 chassis. Arrived with mains fuse
blown due to power supply chopper transistor shorted (cause: dry
joints) .
Replaced it, plus the mains filter cap which looked to be in a bad
way. checked resistors of 100R and 120R near chopper - known common
causes of failure - to be sure. powered set up - OK.

Now it can come in and out of standby, channels change in the display,
speaker plops at on-off,I could have sworn I heard the vertical scan
operating too, but there is no audio or EHT. I checked the 2 wickman
fuses on the power supply secondary - OK. Also, the set appears to
have been recapped fairly recently. I changed the 100uF cap on the
overvolts panel but no joy. Any suggestions here before I dig out the
schematic? TIA.
regards-.