Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Component Level repair Course?

Hi I would like to know what course, or how to learn to repair
Electronic equipment to component level.

Such as TV'S motherboards, dvd's etc...

There is a City and guilds course:- Electrical and Electronics Servicing -
City and Guilds Level 2 which might teach you this I am not sure, whenever I
call the colleges up there are not familiar with this question

Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Steve Holweger" wrote in message
Hi I would like to know what course, or how to learn to repair
Electronic equipment to component level.

Such as TV'S motherboards, dvd's etc...

There is a City and guilds course:- Electrical and Electronics Servicing -
City and Guilds Level 2 which might teach you this I am not sure, whenever
I call the colleges up there are not familiar with this question

Any advice would be appreciated.

Wherabouts are you ? The College of North West London runs a number of
detailed component level courses, managed by a guy called Fawzi Ibrahim

http://www.cnwl.ac.uk/courses/defaul...r=0607&selsm=s

If you call them, they should know the answers to your questions.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Steve Holweger wrote:
Hi I would like to know what course, or how to learn to repair
Electronic equipment to component level.

Such as TV'S motherboards, dvd's etc...

There is a City and guilds course:- Electrical and Electronics Servicing -
City and Guilds Level 2 which might teach you this I am not sure, whenever I
call the colleges up there are not familiar with this question

Any advice would be appreciated.

The way most people do it is to get some broken stuff and just start
playing with it. There's no shortage of free broken electronics you can
pick up, you'll need some decent general electronics knowledge before
you start trying to fix things though. It's the sort of thing you have
to really love doing, you won't make a living in it if you're starting
out from scratch.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Steve Holweger" wrote in
:

Hi I would like to know what course, or how to learn to repair
Electronic equipment to component level.

Such as TV'S motherboards, dvd's etc...

Yours is a noble quest. Taking this path will provide you with a
lifetime of interesting, puzzling, and confounding projects.

You need a sound understanding of basic electronics first (Ohm's law,
elementary circuits and how they work).

If you can't find the right course, you could devote your spare time to
tinkering with circuits and fixing broken electronics. It would be a
very big plus if you could find a mentor (an experienced tech or
engineer) who could look at it with you and show you how to troubleshoot
and diagnose. (It's one thing to read it in a book, but entirely
different to see how someone does it before your eyes.)