Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Component Level repair Course?

Steve Holweger wrote:
Hi I would like to know what course, or how to learn to repair
Electronic equipment to component level.

Such as TV'S motherboards, dvd's etc...

There is a City and guilds course:- Electrical and Electronics Servicing -
City and Guilds Level 2 which might teach you this I am not sure, whenever I
call the colleges up there are not familiar with this question

Any advice would be appreciated.

The way most people do it is to get some broken stuff and just start
playing with it. There's no shortage of free broken electronics you can
pick up, you'll need some decent general electronics knowledge before
you start trying to fix things though. It's the sort of thing you have
to really love doing, you won't make a living in it if you're starting
out from scratch.