Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

Default Arfa Daily = Scum of the Planet

"Arfa Daily"

** I know the exactly the sort of vile pommy **** this is.

Hundreds of clones of him are living right here in Sydney.

Aussies call the evil, narcissistic pukes: " Ten Pound Poms ".

Cos that is how much they paid for their passage here in some rusting
pommy tub. Shame we cannot deport the whole disgusting lot.

Oh dear oh dear. You really are losing it aren't you ? Now you're posting
stuff that you already did a couple of days ago ....

** I will keep posting it over and over until YOU make some attempt to
respond to the issues raised therein.

Or publicly admit you to being utter ****ING MORON and have not the
faintest
bloody clue how.

It is worth repeating:

Piles of ASD ****ed, human garbage like " Arfa Daily" are regularly taken
out to a dark spot at night and kicked to death here in Australia & the
decent blokes who do it deserve a medal.

........ Phil

Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:

"Clifford Heath" wrote in message
Can you two loverboys please get a room? We don't
want to listen to your lovesick panting any more.

The day I love that half-arsed plank is the day that hell freezes over,
but no worries, point taken. I was only carrying on with it just for
the amusement of winding him up, but his repeated posting of the same
few lines has become tiresome now anyway. As an Aussie yourself,
doesn't his behaviour as an ambassador of your country on here
embarrass you ? Just interested ...

Personally I blame the staff of the care home he lives in allowing such
unfettered access to the internet. It obviously isn't helping his
treatment.

--
*Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily"

** I know the exactly the sort of vile pommy **** this puke is.

Hundreds of clones of him are living right here in Sydney - hopefully most
of them will be dead pretty soon.

Aussies call the vile, narcissistic sociopathic pukes:

" Ten Pound Poms ".

Cos that is how much they each paid for their passage here in some rusting
pommy tub.

Shame we cannot deport the whole disgusting lot.

Oh dear oh dear. You really are losing it aren't you ? Now you're posting
stuff that you already did a couple of days ago ....

** I will keep posting it over and over until YOU make some attempt to
respond to the issues raised therein.

Or publicly admit you to being utter ****ING MORON and have not the
faintest bloody clue how.

It is worth repeating:

Piles of ASD ****ed, human garbage like " Arfa Daily" are regularly taken
out to a dark spot at night and kicked to death here in Australia & the
decent blokes who do it deserve a medal.

........ Phil

Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

Default Trying to match small AC transformer - 240V primary 12.8V secondary

Arfa Daily wrote:
"Jim Land" wrote in message
. 3.44...

Matthew Kirkcaldie wrote in
:

Having found an open primary in the small transformer ....

That's strange. Transformer primaries don't open very often. I would be
inclined to dig deeper to find out why there's an open circuit (internal
fuse open? Bad connection? Melted wire?) and whether there is any fault
downstream of the transformer (shorted component?).

In my professional repair life, I replace trannies in hifi units all the
time, that have primaries that have gone open for no apparent reason. Yes,
sometimes there is a thermal fuse in the primary, and yes, sometimes it's
connected across a couple of external pins so can be temporarily bridged for
test purposes, but I find it rare to then come across a fault downstream,
that has caused a genuine overheat that has led to the failure.

Arfa

very small 50/60Hz transformers can be a right pain, as the wire gauge
is so damn fine. Its extremely hard NOT to slightly damage, say, 44AWG
magnet wire when winding such a transformer.

Low power transformers must have extremely high magnetising inductance
AND low volume, so require silly numbers of turns of astonishingly
(vanishingly more like) fine wire.

One I used in an OEM UPS' had, IIRC, 11,000 primary turns, of (again,
IIRC) 44AWG. Now 41AWG is about 0.09mm outer diameter; 11k turns is thus
around 70mm^2, ie 8.4 x 8.4mm, which is about the cross-sectional area
ISTR for the primary winding.

And we had quite a bit of trouble with those - although they were made
in Mexico, for a very low price - all of which was related to the
termination.

Cheers
Terry

Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

Isn't it wonderful to live in a world where people are free to show their
ass in a public forum.

Give it up guys. You are both likely to get blocked by lots of folks on the
group if you keep it up.

Leonard

It has removed 1984 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message
Isn't it wonderful to live in a world where people are free to show their
ass in a public forum.

Give it up guys. You are both likely to get blocked by lots of folks on
the group if you keep it up.

Leonard

I have now Leonard

Arfa
It has removed 1984 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Trevor Wilson wrote:
**Yamaha are usually pretty helpful and not stupidly priced for spare
parts. Try them. The part will fit like a glove.

I've not had cause to use them for audio parts, but their computer side is
one of the worst I've ever come across and put me off them as a company.

**Again: The Yamaha distributor in Australia is pretty good.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Trevor Wilson wrote:
I've not had cause to use them for audio parts, but their computer
side is one of the worst I've ever come across and put me off them as
a company.

**Again: The Yamaha distributor in Australia is pretty good.

Is there just the one for all Yamaha products? In the UK I found the one
which dealt with their pro audio fine but not the one for computer stuff.
It was some time ago when CDW was newish and expensive. But I've got a
long memory. ;-)

--
*If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

Trevor Wilson wrote:
I've not had cause to use them for audio parts, but their computer
side is one of the worst I've ever come across and put me off them as
a company.

**Again: The Yamaha distributor in Australia is pretty good.

Is there just the one for all Yamaha products?

**Yep. Hi fi, computer and instruments. One big company. Japanese owned.
Good service and reasonable prices.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au