Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony LCD VPL-PX30

Hi all,
Got a Sony LCD projector, model VPL-PX30 into the shop.
Customer claims it sometimes goes into TEMP/FAN warning mode. I was
able to verify the problem after about 2 hours of operation. So, any
advice would be most appreciated, since customer wants the unit back
asap.
Could it be fan-speed dropping trigging the protection?

Regards,

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 27, 4:18 pm, "powerampfreak" wrote:
Hi all,
Got a Sony LCD projector, model VPL-PX30 into the shop.
Customer claims it sometimes goes into TEMP/FAN warning mode. I was
able to verify the problem after about 2 hours of operation. So, any
advice would be most appreciated, since customer wants the unit back
asap.
Could it be fan-speed dropping trigging the protection?

Regards,

Have you tried increasing the air circulation by using an external fan
to increase the air flow? It may be something as simple as that.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 28 Feb, 05:35, "hr(bob) " wrote:
On Feb 27, 4:18 pm, "powerampfreak" wrote:

Hi all,
Got a Sony LCD projector, model VPL-PX30 into the shop.
Customer claims it sometimes goes into TEMP/FAN warning mode. I was
able to verify the problem after about 2 hours of operation. So, any
advice would be most appreciated, since customer wants the unit back
asap.
Could it be fan-speed dropping trigging the protection?

Regards,

Have you tried increasing the air circulation by using an external fan
to increase the air flow? It may be something as simple as that.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

External fan shouldn't be necessary and it's not looking nice having
such a thing hanging outside the cabinet.
I just want to check if anyone knows if the internal fan is having
speed control.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 27, 11:09 pm, "powerampfreak"
wrote:
On 28 Feb, 05:35, "hr(bob) " wrote:

On Feb 27, 4:18 pm, "powerampfreak" wrote:

Hi all,
Got a Sony LCD projector, model VPL-PX30 into the shop.
Customer claims it sometimes goes into TEMP/FAN warning mode. I was
able to verify the problem after about 2 hours of operation. So, any
advice would be most appreciated, since customer wants the unit back
asap.
Could it be fan-speed dropping trigging the protection?

Regards,

Have you tried increasing the air circulation by using an external fan
to increase the air flow? It may be something as simple as that.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

External fan shouldn't be necessary and it's not looking nice having
such a thing hanging outside the cabinet.
I just want to check if anyone knows if the internal fan is having
speed control.- Hide quoted text -

But trying to increase the sir flow will at least give you a clue as
to what might be wrong. Maybe there's a temperature sensor that is
causing the problem.