Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Digital monitor image vibrating sideways

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 753DF that starts to give me problems, upon
powerup the images will vibrate sideways, this continues for about 10 mins
and stops once the monitor warmed up. This is not flickering due to lower
refresh rate.

Anyone know which circuit / component is the cause of this symptom?

Best regards,
Chin Siong.
Singapore.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 2, 10:07 am, Hong Chin Siong wrote:
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 753DF that starts to give me problems, upon
powerup the images will vibrate sideways, this continues for about 10 mins
and stops once the monitor warmed up. This is not flickering due to lower
refresh rate.

Anyone know which circuit / component is the cause of this symptom?

Best regards,
Chin Siong.
Singapore.

Hi Chin Siong:

Did you try to call technical support for your monitor?. Could be a
speaker near the monitor too.....

bye,

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Hong Chin Siong" wrote in message
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 753DF that starts to give me problems, upon
powerup the images will vibrate sideways, this continues for about 10 mins
and stops once the monitor warmed up. This is not flickering due to lower
refresh rate.

Anyone know which circuit / component is the cause of this symptom?

Best regards,
Chin Siong.
Singapore.

Might it have something to do with the degaussing circuit?
These are controlled by a thermistor, and normally it heats
up in a second and reduces the current to zero. Maybe
the thermistor is faulty? The degaussing coil may be attached
via a plug to the chassis, if it could be unplugged it would be
obvious if it were the culprit.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This is most likely a degaussing circuit problem, or a problem in the
power supply, or a component that is causing an unstability in the
horizontal scanning circuit. There are many components involved, and
guessing is not a recomended way to go. Proper troubleshooting by an
experienced tech with the proper service information should result in
finding the fault.

Jerry G.

--

On Feb 2, 8:07 am, Hong Chin Siong wrote:
I have a Samsung SyncMaster 753DF that starts to give me problems, upon
powerup the images will vibrate sideways, this continues for about 10 mins
and stops once the monitor warmed up. This is not flickering due to lower
refresh rate.

Anyone know which circuit / component is the cause of this symptom?

Best regards,
Chin Siong.
Singapore.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In the flat screen LCD monitors, take a look at the new models of
Samsung. They are very impressive for the price. If you want to go
for the higher end, the professional series from Viewsonic is
excellent.

Jerry G.
======

Jerry G. wrote:
[...]

news- Hide quoted text -

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jerry G. wrote:
[...]

Hi again Hong:

I have a Viewsonic (CRT) and it is a very good monitor. If you have
space in your desk, I recomend you a CRT monitor of 19'' (Quality vs.
Price it is much better than LCD monitors).

Ciao,
Siciliano