Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Projector problems

Hello all,

I am new here and to using my Toshiba DLP projector with my
computer. I have been using it for a few years to show videos via a
DVD player using the yellow video cable, but I have never been able
get it to see a signal from a computer. I recently installed a PCI
TV
tuner and it works great on the regular monitor but I still cann't
get
a signal from the computer. I used an S video cable to conect the
two
and still nothing. I disconected the monitor just is case it was a
dual monitor problem, even though the TV tuner is a seperate board
with a S video out. I am at my wits end and to top it all off
Toshiba
seems to have stoped supporting the product. I would be very
greatful
for any ideas. This problem persists no mater which computer I plug
it into!

Thanks

Glenn

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jan 31, 7:19 am, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:14:02 -0800, Glenn Has Frothed:

[...]

Do you have a different source for s-video that works with yourprojector?
Does your TV card have an s-video to RCA type plug adaptor? Might be
something wrong with the s-video input on yourprojectoror you may need
to select it as a source.

COOSN-266-06-25794- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the quick responce,

I have never been able to get any source to work on the projector
except the vidieo in (yello plug) and it has worked on several
sources. The TV card has only an S Video plug.

When I have tried to plug a computer Laptop/Desktop nothing has
worked.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Why don't you use a vga cable from pcs monitor out direct to
projectors vga input?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 2007-01-31 17:37:21 -0800, "Glenn" said:

[...]

I have a Toshiba TDP-S20 and it works fine with any of its inputs. I
simply press the "input" button and it finds the source. If your
description "I have never been able to get any source to work on the
projector" is accurate then perhaps you should have taken it back to
the dealer while it was under warranty. Sorry, but it really sounds
like a flaw in the unit that needs service...

John :-#)#

--
(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup) John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9 Call