Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment

Default Tektronix 465B scope repair in Ireland or UK.

Greetings.
I would appreciate a few recommendations for repair of Tektronix 465B
'scopes in Republic of Ireland or United Kingdom. I would consider a
Refurbished for old exchange deal if anyone is supplying that service.
TIA.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment

edson wrote:
Greetings.
I would appreciate a few recommendations for repair of Tektronix
465B
'scopes in Republic of Ireland or United Kingdom. I would consider a
Refurbished for old exchange deal if anyone is supplying that
service.
TIA.

^^^
[TIA: Transient Ischemic Attack ;-) I don't hope so.]

You might ask Mervyn:

Mervyn Ashton
TESTGEARSOLUTIONS
1B Thompsons Yard
Regent Parade
Harrogate
HG1 5BA
07788 922927

Maybe he can help. Bought a refurbished 2465A recently from him. Have
a look at his auctions at ebay, but I recommend asking him directly.
He is very nice and always helpful.
--
Joe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment

edson wrote:

Greetings.
I would appreciate a few recommendations for repair of Tektronix 465B
'scopes in Republic of Ireland or United Kingdom. I would consider a
Refurbished for old exchange deal if anyone is supplying that service.
TIA.

If none of the chips needed changing (which are very hard to obtain), I
would consider doing it yourself because anyone who does this for a living
might have to charge you quite a lot relative to the price of the scope.

You could try asking at Stewart of Reading
http://www.stewart-of-reading.co.uk/
Normally they only sell them, but I suspect they know someone who fixes
their broken ones. Maybe it would cost more than they would sell you a
replacement one for, in which case they might do some kind of trade-in.

Chris