Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default photo images on computer are very bad !

Computer: eMachines with Intel chip 200 Mhz speed
Operating System: Windows 98
I tried several monitors but I'm still having this problem. Letters
look fine, but images (like photos on a CD) look very bad - almost
completely washed out and not good color at all. Is my video card
going bad ? What can I do to get the best image possible on the monitor
? This problem only exists when I load a disc with pictures stored on
it. Many thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 21 Jan 2007 20:21:08 -0800, "moonlite" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Computer: eMachines with Intel chip 200 Mhz speed
Operating System: Windows 98
I tried several monitors but I'm still having this problem. Letters
look fine, but images (like photos on a CD) look very bad - almost
completely washed out and not good color at all. Is my video card
going bad ? What can I do to get the best image possible on the monitor
? This problem only exists when I load a disc with pictures stored on
it. Many thanks.

What is the colour depth of your graphics card, 256 colours, or 16bit
colour, or better?

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

moonlite spake thus:

Hmmm I wish I could answer your question. How can I find out ? I'm sure
it's a matter of clicking the right buttons.

For later versions (Windows 2000, for instance), you can just
right-click anywhere on the desktop (that is, *not* in any window),
select "Properties", and see your current video settings. Look at the
settings under the "Settings" tab. Think this is pretty much standard
across all versions of Windoze.

Franc Zabkar wrote:

On 21 Jan 2007 20:21:08 -0800, "moonlite" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Computer: eMachines with Intel chip 200 Mhz speed
Operating System: Windows 98
I tried several monitors but I'm still having this problem. Letters
look fine, but images (like photos on a CD) look very bad - almost
completely washed out and not good color at all. Is my video card
going bad ? What can I do to get the best image possible on the monitor
? This problem only exists when I load a disc with pictures stored on
it. Many thanks.

What is the colour depth of your graphics card, 256 colours, or 16bit
colour, or better?

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 22 Jan 2007 08:35:26 -0800, "moonlite" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hmmm I wish I could answer your question. How can I find out ? I'm sure
it's a matter of clicking the right buttons.

R-click a blank area of your desktop, select Properties - Settings,
and experiment with Colors and Screen Area. You might also like to
experiment with lower Refresh Rates (Advanced - Adapter).

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On 21 Jan 2007 20:21:08 -0800, "moonlite" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Computer: eMachines with Intel chip 200 Mhz speed
Operating System: Windows 98
I tried several monitors but I'm still having this problem. Letters
look fine, but images (like photos on a CD) look very bad - almost
completely washed out and not good color at all. Is my video card
going bad ? What can I do to get the best image possible on the monitor
? This problem only exists when I load a disc with pictures stored on
it. Many thanks.

What is the colour depth of your graphics card, 256 colours, or 16bit
colour, or better?

- Franc Zabkar

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

moonlite ha escrito:
Computer: eMachines with Intel chip 200 Mhz speed
Operating System: Windows 98
I tried several monitors but I'm still having this problem. Letters
look fine, but images (like photos on a CD) look very bad - almost
completely washed out and not good color at all. Is my video card
going bad ? What can I do to get the best image possible on the monitor
? This problem only exists when I load a disc with pictures stored on
it. Many thanks.

Probably your VGA card is working at 16 colors only, because it lacks
the proper drivers to achieve 16bit color depth (windows default
drivers aren´t proper drivers) or as other posters suggested, the
color depth is not correctly adjusted.

Bad computer monitor... lj_robins Electronics Repair 20 October 9th 06 02:02 AM
Magic Photo, easily blend your digigtal photo onto another image [email protected] Woodturning 0 April 14th 06 12:32 AM
Quick Images Connor Aston Woodworking 1 February 13th 06 08:14 AM
Double Images (Ghosting) in Sony TV [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 December 27th 05 08:51 PM
Apology to all: please see my reply to Dave Hinz on "BAD on rec.photo.digital". Bay Area Dave Woodworking 0 May 3rd 04 05:59 PM