Posted to sci.electronics.repair
moonlite moonlite is offline

Default photo images on computer are very bad !

Hmmm I wish I could answer your question. How can I find out ? I'm sure
it's a matter of clicking the right buttons.

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On 21 Jan 2007 20:21:08 -0800, "moonlite" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Computer: eMachines with Intel chip 200 Mhz speed
Operating System: Windows 98
I tried several monitors but I'm still having this problem. Letters
look fine, but images (like photos on a CD) look very bad - almost
completely washed out and not good color at all. Is my video card
going bad ? What can I do to get the best image possible on the monitor
? This problem only exists when I load a disc with pictures stored on
it. Many thanks.

What is the colour depth of your graphics card, 256 colours, or 16bit
colour, or better?

- Franc Zabkar