Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Mitsubishi Diva CT-33AC2SL dead and clicking

Truly ancient but good tech. I have a 1994 Mitsubishi Diva on swivel
base, trouble free until now. Sentmentally attached to it, the
problem has exhibited and slowly become worse over the last few months
until now it is "dead and clicking".

The picture over the last few months has occasionally just turned off,
but a little tap with a closed fist in the sweet spot on the side has
turned it back on. The problem has become worse, until the wife
called me at work yesterday and said it is dead and a loud clicking
noise is coming from the chassis (left hand side, where I had been
tapping it) and the standby light was clicking on and off, trying to
turn on.

Alas, cannot get it to work now. CLicking noise, and standby red
light clicking on and off, on and off.

Could it be the electrolytic capacitors? Anyone got any suggestions
on what it could be? It is fairly old, but we love the picture and may
get it fixed instead of leaping into the new tech (plasma or lcd).

Thanks

Lino