Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony Wega picture problem with Xbox 360. Help!

I have many gaming systems hooked up to my 27 inch, standard definition
Sony Wega and it's been an amazing TV for about 5 years now. No
problems at all. After getting a Xbox 360 several months ago I noticed
a weird problem. When I'm playing my system, I get strange horizontal
bars that move up the screen. They're not very dark and can be seen the
best when the screen is a darker color.

I've tried switching out my Xbox 360 with another one. I've tried
plugging my TV and 360 into different outlets. I've tried adjusting all
the different settings on both devices. I even bought two new sets of
component cables. The bars won't go away!

On another forum I've talked with several other Wega owners who are
having the same problem with their 360s, so it must be something with
Sony's TV. I know how to get into the service menu, so maybe there's
something I can adjust in there? This is so frustrating because all my
other systems look great on my TV, only my 360 has this problem.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Maybe Microsoft will produce a new operating system for the devices to
mitigate that particular problem only to introduce multiple other modes of
aggravation!! Or may even allow the consumer to download upgrades only after
they have absolutely confirmed they have a real Microsoft Xbox and not a
clone!LMAO
"M Berger" wrote in message
Have you tried loading the latest microsoft updates, or
searched for newer video drivers :-) Don't blame the
TV if only the Microsoft product has the problem.

wrote:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The power supply in the Xbox is causing a ground loop of some type. I have
seen this with video gaming units connected to TV sets. These gaming units
don't have the best design of power supply. They try to keep the cost low.
You should be speaking to the manufacture of the gaming unit to find out if
they have a solution for this, if the TV is working well with other devices.

If your TV is perfect with the DVD and the VCR, then for sure it is not the
TV set that is the fault.

--

JANA
_____