Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony Wega picture problem with Xbox 360. Help!

I have many gaming systems hooked up to my 27 inch, standard definition
Sony Wega and it's been an amazing TV for about 5 years now. No
problems at all. After getting a Xbox 360 several months ago I noticed
a weird problem. When I'm playing my system, I get strange horizontal
bars that move up the screen. They're not very dark and can be seen the
best when the screen is a darker color.

I've tried switching out my Xbox 360 with another one. I've tried
plugging my TV and 360 into different outlets. I've tried adjusting all
the different settings on both devices. I even bought two new sets of
component cables. The bars won't go away!

On another forum I've talked with several other Wega owners who are
having the same problem with their 360s, so it must be something with
Sony's TV. I know how to get into the service menu, so maybe there's
something I can adjust in there? This is so frustrating because all my
other systems look great on my TV, only my 360 has this problem.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!