Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Transistor part number

Hello all,
I am working on fixing a cable box that I have and in order to do so I
need to replace what I belive is the audio transistor. I am sure that
this transistor is bad as all around it there are signs of extreme heat
(lots of discoloration around it) and this is the only chip I can see
with a heat sink on it which is why I'm guessing that it is the audio
transistor (and the fact that the audio is what has gone on the box).
Here are the only markings that are on the transistor:

B1375
.OL

I kept the layout as well. I did a search online and came up empty.
This is for a Pioneer BA-6110 cable box

Thanks,
Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip kip is offline

First hit i got.....

Its a 2SB1375 common one...NTE153.

"Mike" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello all,
I am working on fixing a cable box that I have and in order to do so I
need to replace what I belive is the audio transistor. I am sure that
this transistor is bad as all around it there are signs of extreme heat
(lots of discoloration around it) and this is the only chip I can see
with a heat sink on it which is why I'm guessing that it is the audio
transistor (and the fact that the audio is what has gone on the box).
Here are the only markings that are on the transistor:

B1375
.OL

I kept the layout as well. I did a search online and came up empty.
This is for a Pioneer BA-6110 cable box

Thanks,
Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mike wrote:

Hello all,
I am working on fixing a cable box that I have and in order to do so I
need to replace what I belive is the audio transistor. I am sure that
this transistor is bad as all around it there are signs of extreme heat
(lots of discoloration around it) and this is the only chip I can see
with a heat sink on it which is why I'm guessing that it is the audio
transistor (and the fact that the audio is what has gone on the box).
Here are the only markings that are on the transistor:

B1375
.OL

I kept the layout as well. I did a search online and came up empty.
This is for a Pioneer BA-6110 cable box

Thanks,
Mike

Yup, run of the mill failed PNP power transistors.
its a 2SB1375 btw.
They don't bother with the 2S in the start of many jap trannies.
it saves space.
Also. PNP's are noted to die!.
http://www.toshiba.com/taec/componen...c//67/8016.pdf

Real Programmers Do things like this.