Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Free HP LaserJet 1 & Tandy DMP-105

If anyone wants an old tandy DMP-105 pay for shipping and it is yours, or
you can pick it up for free. As far as I know it is in perfect working
condition.

I believe the Laserjet is the first model ever sold.. It has a serial
interface and a toner cartridge.. The last time I powered it on it worked
fine. I'm in Mt. Dora, FL and if nobody wants these they're going in the
dumpster.

- Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:40:22 -0500, Michael Kennedy wrote:

I believe the Laserjet is the first model ever sold.. It has a serial
interface and a toner cartridge.. The last time I powered it on it worked
fine. I'm in Mt. Dora, FL and if nobody wants these they're going in the
dumpster.

You might post this also on:

comp.periphs.printers
comp.sys.hp.hardware

Jonesy
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
. ..
If anyone wants an old tandy DMP-105 pay for shipping and it is yours, or
you can pick it up for free. As far as I know it is in perfect working
condition.

I believe the Laserjet is the first model ever sold.. It has a serial
interface and a toner cartridge.. The last time I powered it on it worked
fine. I'm in Mt. Dora, FL and if nobody wants these they're going in the
dumpster.

Except for the very top controller board -- the HP LaserJet is identical to
the Apple LaserWriter (their first) -- both based on he same Canon
Laser/copier engine of the 1984 era.
I attended the launch of that product -- expensive -- but heady days for the
eventual replacement of NEC Displaywriters. IBM even had an early
electronic interface for the old Selectric typewriters in the late 1970s.

gb

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

w9gb wrote:
[...]

I have one of those old Apple Laserwriters. Impressive piece of
equipment, still worked last time I tried it, though it was streaking on
the paper.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

wrote in Message id:
:

If anyone wants an old tandy DMP-105 pay for shipping and it is yours, or
you can pick it up for free. As far as I know it is in perfect working
condition.

I believe the Laserjet is the first model ever sold.. It has a serial
interface and a toner cartridge.. The last time I powered it on it worked
fine. I'm in Mt. Dora, FL and if nobody wants these they're going in the
dumpster.

www.craigslist.org

or for your location:

http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/fl

Place free ads for stuff. I've used them for getting rid or CRTs,
sheetrock, plywood, etc. People will take most anything if it's free...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The typewriter interface goes back much earlier than that.
The CDC 1604 had an IBM Model C console typewriter, and that
was in 1964. The Selectric interface came out about the same
time as the Selectric -- it was frequently used for APL programming.