Posted to sci.electronics.repair
w9gb w9gb is offline

Default Free HP LaserJet 1 & Tandy DMP-105

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
. ..
If anyone wants an old tandy DMP-105 pay for shipping and it is yours, or
you can pick it up for free. As far as I know it is in perfect working
condition.

I believe the Laserjet is the first model ever sold.. It has a serial
interface and a toner cartridge.. The last time I powered it on it worked
fine. I'm in Mt. Dora, FL and if nobody wants these they're going in the
dumpster.

Except for the very top controller board -- the HP LaserJet is identical to
the Apple LaserWriter (their first) -- both based on he same Canon
Laser/copier engine of the 1984 era.
I attended the launch of that product -- expensive -- but heady days for the
eventual replacement of NEC Displaywriters. IBM even had an early
electronic interface for the old Selectric typewriters in the late 1970s.

gb