Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA 42" Menu Pops up when pressing any button...

P46924 RCA menu pops up when pressing any of the buttons besides power
on. Power on button stops working and you sometimes have to hit the
volume button for the TV to power on. Also when this happens the remote
stops working. BUT...Sometimes the remote works and turns the TV on and
has full functionality. It is an intermittent problem that has been
occuring much more frequently now. Sometimes I have to unplug the TV to
power off. Also...I get a P.O. and V.O. in red letters on the screen
and at the bottom I get a number 9.65 or sometimes less or higher. On
the V.O. I get 255 sometimes. SO if anyone can please let me know where
to start I would appreciate it very much. The TV is RCA 42" Big
Screen Model P46924 and Serial is 041651080K.

Thanks for any advice.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Replace all the front panel tact switches, or just unplug the front
panel assembly.
The remote should work fine now. Dani.

JoseGutz wrote:
P46924 RCA menu pops up when pressing any of the buttons besides power
on. Power on button stops working and you sometimes have to hit the
volume button for the TV to power on. Also when this happens the remote
stops working. BUT...Sometimes the remote works and turns the TV on and
has full functionality. It is an intermittent problem that has been
occuring much more frequently now. Sometimes I have to unplug the TV to
power off. Also...I get a P.O. and V.O. in red letters on the screen
and at the bottom I get a number 9.65 or sometimes less or higher. On
the V.O. I get 255 sometimes. SO if anyone can please let me know where
to start I would appreciate it very much. The TV is RCA 42" Big
Screen Model P46924 and Serial is 041651080K.

Thanks for any advice.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JoseGutz wrote:

Thank you. It worked.
I appreciate it...

JoseGutz wrote:

P46924 RCA menu pops up when pressing any of the buttons besides power
on. Power on button stops working and you sometimes have to hit the
volume button for the TV to power on. Also when this happens the remote
stops working. BUT...Sometimes the remote works and turns the TV on and
has full functionality. It is an intermittent problem that has been
occuring much more frequently now. Sometimes I have to unplug the TV to
power off. Also...I get a P.O. and V.O. in red letters on the screen
and at the bottom I get a number 9.65 or sometimes less or higher. On
the V.O. I get 255 sometimes. SO if anyone can please let me know where
to start I would appreciate it very much. The TV is RCA 42" Big
Screen Model P46924 and Serial is 041651080K.

Thanks for any advice.

I was going to say that it sounds as though the power tach button is
your problem. if the nicro sees a button down it will not answer any
other request, not even the remote, because it is already busy tring to
do something else
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Now my audio went to static yesterday... Is this an issue with the same
area?
Please, any advise would be great! Thank you all...

David Naylor wrote:
JoseGutz wrote:

Thank you. It worked.
I appreciate it...