Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tnf tnf is offline

Default hdtv Philips 32PF9631D Horizontal and Vertical Sync Rate

Hello,
I'm using this LCD TV (aPhilips 32PF9631D) as a monitor (OS=Linux)
For the moment I've got 1024x768 pixel resolution
I wish to get a 16/9 format (1360x768). For that I need to know this
caracteristics
Vertical Sync Rate (minimum and maximum)
Horizontal Sync Rate (minimum and maximum)
Someone could help me to get those informations (Philips technical
support is answerless)
Cordialy
eric

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 13 Dec 2006 09:29:06 -0800, "tnf" wrote:

Hello,
I'm using this LCD TV (aPhilips 32PF9631D) as a monitor (OS=Linux)
For the moment I've got 1024x768 pixel resolution
I wish to get a 16/9 format (1360x768). For that I need to know this
caracteristics
Vertical Sync Rate (minimum and maximum)
Horizontal Sync Rate (minimum and maximum)
Someone could help me to get those informations (Philips technical
support is answerless)
Cordialy
eric

Do you know the native resolution of the LCD panel? Set your computer
to that resolution at 60Hz. That should work, assuming it supports
being used as a PC monitor. I have seen some flat panel TVs that
won't accept their native resolution. They only accept TV resolutions
like 480p, 720p, and 1080i and scale it to fit the screen. If they do
take a computer resolution, it's usually 640x480, 800x600, and
1024x768 stretched to fill the 16:9 screen.
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tnf tnf is offline

Andy Cuffe wrote:
[...]

Thank you for your help Andy
It's exactly what happen to me the native resolution of the panel is
1360x768 and as a PC monitor I've got a full screen at 1024x768. It's
why I'm looking for the vertical and horizontal sync rate to say to
Xorg which modeline it has to use to display a 16:9 format even if the
resolution is less than 1024X768 but something with a 16/9 format
eric