Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default NEC MT1040 Calibration software

This is a shot in the dark but just thought I would ask.

Ive got a NEC MT1040 projector that needs to be calibrated. I understand
that special software is needed to do this. I also understand that its
proprietary software from NEC.

My problem is that my colors are off. I think its called convergence. The
projector displays several colored lines instead of just one line.

Anyone have any idea how to repair this myself or on the cheap?

Thanks,

--
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Coffee

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

coffee wrote:
This is a shot in the dark but just thought I would ask.

Ive got a NEC MT1040 projector that needs to be calibrated. I understand
that special software is needed to do this. I also understand that its
proprietary software from NEC.

My problem is that my colors are off. I think its called convergence. The
projector displays several colored lines instead of just one line.

Anyone have any idea how to repair this myself or on the cheap?

Thanks,

In many (all?) projectors, this is a matter of *physically* aligning the
three separate lcd panels. I'm not aware of any which can be aligned
electronically.

Has the projector been dropped?

jak

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 12:16:49 -0600, jakdedert wrote:

coffee wrote:
This is a shot in the dark but just thought I would ask.

Ive got a NEC MT1040 projector that needs to be calibrated. I understand
that special software is needed to do this. I also understand that its
proprietary software from NEC.

My problem is that my colors are off. I think its called convergence. The
projector displays several colored lines instead of just one line.

Anyone have any idea how to repair this myself or on the cheap?

Thanks,

In many (all?) projectors, this is a matter of *physically* aligning the
three separate lcd panels. I'm not aware of any which can be aligned
electronically.

Has the projector been dropped?

jak

Wasnt dropped. The previous owner wanted to clean the projector and
removed some boards from the inside and reseated them. Im assuming that
this wipped out some information stored in them and now the projectors
colors are out of alignment.

This is the first time messing around with projectors. I dont have alot of
experience with them but Iam experienced in electronics.

He was telling me that he wanted to clean some dust out of the inside and
had an other person come over. They removed some circuit boards from the
inside and after they reseated them the picture was off. He went into the
settings on the projector but couldnt fix the problem.

The only thing that I have been able to dig up is the service guild on the
projector and it mentions software needed to "recalibrate" the projector.
Even gives the program needed:

(cut from pdf service guild)
Equipment to be used and working environment
Equipment to be used
· Servicing adjustment software (Ser_99mt.exe Ver1.0)
Attached files: V-T Data, etc.
· Personal computer [which allows Windows95 or Windows3.1 to operate and the serial port (COM1 or COM2
or COM3) is of the D-SUB9pin.]

(end of qoute)

It mentions "Ghost control" and was thinking that might be what Im
interested in correcting.

You know, Any help you can provide on the subject would be fantastic. I
just cannot believe that such a device would have to be sent in for repair
because the software is not available or not released for the general
public to use to calibrate it.

--
Thanks,

Coffee

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

coffee wrote:
[...]

Im going to look into adjustment of the "lcd panels" that you talked about.

I dont see them mentioned in the service guild but maybe they are called
something else instead. Just like IBM calls a printhead on a laser printer
a "ROS Assembly". grin.

--
Thanks,

Coffee