Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default noise/interference lines in TV when there is a surge of power

Anytime my subwoofer draws a lot of power (or any large appliance in
the house..ie washer\dryer), white dotted lines appear on the TV.
When the subwoofer uses high power during loud scenes, the condition
gets worse showing more pronounced interference lines. I read that
cable grounding could be the issue. But, I disconnected my cable from
the TV...so that only the DVD player is connected. But, I'm still
noticing the problem. Even the TV in the back room shows the
interference lines (to a lesser degree). I've connected the subwoofer
and all my components to a/v surge protectors with line conditioning,
but that doesn't help. Any ideas on how to fix the issue?

Thanks!
PC