Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default sony STR-D965 blown R channel

Ok the front panel was dead, had 2 fuses blown, and the MN2488 and MP1620
was shorted in the right channel. the rest was fine.

Well, i replaced both fuses, replaced both outputs and the 2 10ohm base
resistors. I checked every other resistors and found things to be normal. i
replaced a high ESR 47uf cap also.

there was a small PNP transistor near the 2 outputs that was shorted also,
replaced that.

The set now turns on and works, except as soon as I hook a speaker up to the
right channel output, it goes into protector. i checked and double checked
the resistors in the output circuit. If i leave the speaker unhooked, its
fine. there is NO DC offset according to me meter on the right channel. if i
set the meter on AC, I can see the AC signal on the meter, and on my scope
just normal. if i hook the speaker up to the right channel, it fires
protector mode. the other channels work fine.

any ideas?