Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony DCR-TRV25 Handycam

I have a Sony Handycam DCR-TRV25 on which the wheel that operates the
menus is malfunctioning, only allowing you to go back and forth between
the top two menu choices rather than letting you scroll down further
(i.e. when you try spinning it down further it just moves the selection
back up). I'm pretty sure it's due to water damage, but it seems like
if I can get in and clean it up it should work again. Does anyone have
any schematics or advice on taking one of these apart? I have tried
taking off the piece that looks like it would be the cover for the
wheel, but it seems to be attached to/part of something that will break
if I try to pull it off.