Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LCD monitor discolouring/fault

have a prob with one of my LCD monitors, a 17" Philips 170B4.

it has developed a light blue discolouring filling about one third of the screen, running a perfect vertical. nothing
to do with my PC or vid card, as it still has the fault when standing alone.

is it fixable?

TIA

Sid

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Sid Fishes wrote:

have a prob with one of my LCD monitors, a 17" Philips 170B4.

it has developed a light blue discolouring filling about one third of the screen, running a perfect vertical. nothing
to do with my PC or vid card, as it still has the fault when standing alone.

is it fixable?

TIA

Sid

theres another thread current on this now

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Sid Fishes wrote:
have a prob with one of my LCD monitors, a 17" Philips 170B4.

it has developed a light blue discolouring filling about one third of the screen, running a perfect vertical. nothing
to do with my PC or vid card, as it still has the fault when standing alone.

is it fixable?

TIA

Sid

Being a philips tech and seen this many times you need a panel or lcd
sreen. now worht the cost almost the same as a new monitor sometime
even more