Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How to induce fault in an LCD monitor?

Bit of an unusual question he
If someone wanted to sabotage an LCD monitor, rendering it
unrepairable, but make it seem like a plausible random fault, what
would be the best way of doing this?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

No one with any sense of ethics would do so. From the way that you posed
the question, this appears to be a request for instructions on how to do
something unethical and likely illegal. No sale. Now if you have a unit
that you think someone has done this to, post the troubleshooting details
and ask for help regarding the source of the failure. Otherwise, go away.

Leonard

wrote in message
oups.com...
Bit of an unusual question he
If someone wanted to sabotage an LCD monitor, rendering it
unrepairable, but make it seem like a plausible random fault, what
would be the best way of doing this?

It has removed 1154 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I was going to say it's amazing that people even ask, but then it is a
pretty big world out there. I've long known one thing about human
psychology, while pros may call it projection I sum it up in a few
phrases.

By analogy, they get ****ed when they see someone run a red
light---because they want to run the red light. Perhaps they are afraid
to because they are within 2 points of losing their license.

By not quite analogy, the other facet of sheeple psychology is that the
idiot will not recognize intelligence for the most part. By the same
token, those without ethics or morals cannot see it in others. They
think all are as greedy and ruthgless as they.

So, basically I'm almost surprised we don't see more of this. With
implulse buying and people's attitudes I'd say some are afraid to ask.
To these lowlifes I have this to ask. How about we take whatever goods
or services YOU produce (if any !) and sabotage them to get an
undeserved refund and/or to make you look bad ? Hmm ?

JURB

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi!

If someone wanted to sabotage an LCD monitor, rendering it
unrepairable, but make it seem like a plausible random fault, what
would be the best way of doing this?

And you'd want to do this because...?

I can tell you that a set of wayward car keys can scratch the topmost layer
of the screen. You also really shouldn't spray glass cleaner right on the
screen itself...

Seriously, though...if you're thinking of deliberately damaging the monitor
in order to get a replacement or warranty work that you can't get
now...don't do that.

William

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

William R. Walsh wrote:
Hi!

If someone wanted to sabotage an LCD monitor, rendering it
unrepairable, but make it seem like a plausible random fault, what
would be the best way of doing this?

And you'd want to do this because...?

I can tell you that a set of wayward car keys can scratch the topmost layer
of the screen. You also really shouldn't spray glass cleaner right on the
screen itself...

Seriously, though...if you're thinking of deliberately damaging the monitor
in order to get a replacement or warranty work that you can't get
now...don't do that.

I'm not. The item's warranty has expired and it's not a question of
financial gain, but I can understand people jumping to the wrong
conclusion. Unfortunately I can't be more specific.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 09:54:01 GMT, Ohmster
wrote:

wrote in news:1155025282.679190.95940
:

I'm not. The item's warranty has expired and it's not a question of
financial gain, but I can understand people jumping to the wrong
conclusion. Unfortunately I can't be more specific.

Why can't you be more specific? You for sure have lit up every red flag in
the newsgroup so nobody is going to give you an answer. If you want to ruin
it so that you can justify buying a new one to the wife, what is the big
deal? Is she a regular reader of sci.electronics.repair?

She just needs to be 'google aware' :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok