Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA 32 inch Truflat shutting off by itself HELP please?

I have a RCA 32 inch truflat tv that is aprox 2 years old. It has
worked fine with no problems what so ever until a few months ago when
it started shutting off by itself. I have to click off the tv to get
the light to go out, and then restart to get it to come back on. There
doesn't seem to be a pattern, and sometimes it will run fine all day,
and others it will go out every few minutes.
MY 20 year old Zenith does not shut off hooked up in the same location
with the same cable connection.

I thought it was a cable problem and have had the cable company out no
less than 6 times but they keep saying it is my tv.
I had all but given up and planned on getting a new TV this week until
I noticed today that it does not do that when I am watching HBO on
demand so once again I am lead to believe that it is a cable related
issue.

I have already hid the remote, unplugged the TV overnight, and also
found that calling it nasty names also does no good (some surprise,
eh?)
No one seems to have any idea why it is doing this and I am asking here
in hopes that someone will have a clue that could help me, and save me
bunches of money that would otherwise be spent buying my son a decent
Christmas.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?
Thanks so much in advance,
Virginia

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

amberlover13 wrote:
[...]

It's certainly a problem with the TV, no way in heck the cable could
have anything to do with it.

Without a crystal ball I can't give you a definitive answer, but my
first suspect would be cracked solder joints in the power supply or
sweep section of the TV, a relatively simple repair for a qualified
technician, just quit using the TV before it is damaged further.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Wow, thanks for the quick reply....
I'll call another repair shop first thing on Monday. Last one I called
said it would be a few hundred by the time they got it in and opened up
(I didn't pay much more for it than that) but perhaps it is able to be
saved after all.
Thanks,
Virginia

James Sweet wrote:
amberlover13 wrote:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Basically there is not much hope guessing just which item RCA produced about
2 years ago that may be in your present possession. The complete model
number, the complete chassis number, and any real diagnostics you actually
preformed other than hiding the remote. We need this info to be able to
research our datum to assist you. otherwise, off to the shop and pay the
bill.
"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 22:42:10 -0800, amberlover13 Has Frothed:

Wow, thanks for the quick reply....
I'll call another repair shop first thing on Monday. Last one I called
said it would be a few hundred by the time they got it in and opened up
(I didn't pay much more for it than that) but perhaps it is able to be
saved after all.
Thanks,
Virginia

A few hundred? Find another shop.

James Sweet wrote:
amberlover13 wrote:
[...]

COOSN-266-06-25794

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

amberlover13 wrote:

[...]

VERY common rca problem There is what is called an EW board in that set
that is notorious nor this problem EASY fix pull that board out and
resolder the hole thing replace it and you should be all set