Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Zenith SR3273DT Problem Please Help

I recently moved my TV myself to my new place and when i hooked it up
to directv I found that the color has been messed up. Its hard to
describe but i feel like i'm seeing more greens than i should and other
colors also appear messed up. I adjusted the settings on the menu of
the set but cant come up with anything that looks like its supposed to.
Is there any way to fix this myself? the tv was made in 1995 so I
know its old but we had it serviced a few years when it had that
vertical collapse problem so i'd like to keep it for a little while
longer.

thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Does the picture look like this? If so, your degaussing thermistor has
broken off it's legs.
Otherwise, the picture tube could be bad, & Zeniths are known for bad
tubes. You can boost
it though, at a repair shop. Dani.

http://www.beoworld.co.uk/tubes.htm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dani wrote:
Does the picture look like this? If so, your degaussing thermistor has
broken off it's legs.
Otherwise, the picture tube could be bad, & Zeniths are known for bad
tubes. You can boost
it though, at a repair shop. Dani.

http://www.beoworld.co.uk/tubes.htm

That definitely looks worse than my tv. It kinda will flicker back to
correct coloring for about 10 seconds every minute or so and then go
back to more of a green hue. Basically I was hoping someone was gonna
tell me i just need to open the tv and reconnect or solder some wire.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 23 Nov 2006 10:56:12 -0800, wrote:

Dani wrote:
Does the picture look like this? If so, your degaussing thermistor has
broken off it's legs.
Otherwise, the picture tube could be bad, & Zeniths are known for bad
tubes. You can boost
it though, at a repair shop. Dani.

http://www.beoworld.co.uk/tubes.htm

That definitely looks worse than my tv. It kinda will flicker back to
correct coloring for about 10 seconds every minute or so and then go
back to more of a green hue. Basically I was hoping someone was gonna
tell me i just need to open the tv and reconnect or solder some wire.

If the entire picture is tinted the evenly (not a tie-dye effect like
that picture), then it's probably bad soldering in the video output
circuit. Moving the set probably caused the failing connections to
act up now. If you can identify and repair bad solder connections,
you should be able to fix it yourself. The bad connections are
probably on the small board that plugs into the end of the CRT's neck.
Andy Cuffe