Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Aiwa schematics ... ?

Hi

Has anyone got schematics for an Aiwa MX-Z9500MK that they could either have
a look at for me, or scan ? Need to know how the VFD filament supply is
derived - and before everyone rushes to say " I think it's via a cap ", in
this Aiwa model, it's not.

Thanks

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Arfa Daily ha escrito:

Hi

Has anyone got schematics for an Aiwa MX-Z9500MK that they could either have
a look at for me, or scan ? Need to know how the VFD filament supply is
derived - and before everyone rushes to say " I think it's via a cap ", in
this Aiwa model, it's not.

Thanks

Arfa

have you tried eserviceinfo?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"b" wrote in message
ups.com...

Arfa Daily ha escrito:

Hi

Has anyone got schematics for an Aiwa MX-Z9500MK that they could either
have
a look at for me, or scan ? Need to know how the VFD filament supply is
derived - and before everyone rushes to say " I think it's via a cap ",
in
this Aiwa model, it's not.

Thanks

Nothing listed for this model. I'm not desperate, as the system is not worth
that much, but as it was apart on the bench, and I had sorted the
missing -24v problem, it was a bit annoying that I still had trouble with
the filament supply. This appears to be switched with a couple of
transistors near to the -24v reg. They actually derive the -24 on this
model, direct from a rectifier, rather than by the more traditional Aiwa
voltage multiplier. I don't really know why they bother switching the
filament supply to unused displays when the unit is off. Possibly to
preserve their life, I guess, but I have seen plenty of units where the
filament supply is always on. Anyway, having found these transistors, I went
looking for a control signal, but I couldn't find anything in the area that
moved when you switched from standby to on. There is a little surface mount
digital transistor that looks as though it ought to control this lot, and
what should be the base leg, has print disappearing off towards the front
panel, but as I say, no movement of voltages around it. Just for sport, I
tried shorting across the switch transistor, and this immediately restored
filament volts, and display on the amp, but still no filament volts up the
bus to the graphic, so that remained dead. That was the point that I called
it a day, and posted the request just to see if anyone had a manual.

No matter though, I have wrapped it back up now, and told the shop that
booked it in that the only way that it is going ahead, is if a service
manual could be found. They have indicated that they don't think that their
customer will want to be bothered, so it will finish up now as just another
of those jobs that end up only just about covering their time ... Thanks for
the suggestion anyway.

Arfa
Arfa

have you tried eserviceinfo?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Arfa Daily ha escrito:

"b" wrote in message
[...]

I've generally found mini systems horrible things to work on. if it's
not dismantling the thing to access the front bit, its the awful audio
output stages and board layout etc. Often, for anything more
complicated than cap replacement, mechanical or electro- mechanical
stuff, a service manual seems to be the order of the day.....
good luck
-B

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"b" wrote in message
oups.com...

Arfa Daily ha escrito:

"b" wrote in message
ups.com...

Arfa Daily ha escrito:

Hi

Has anyone got schematics for an Aiwa MX-Z9500MK that they could
either
have
a look at for me, or scan ? Need to know how the VFD filament supply
is
derived - and before everyone rushes to say " I think it's via a cap
",
[...]

Yep, know what you mean, This one is actually a big stacking 5-piece, about
the same size as those hateful Kenwood stackers that were so popular a few
years back, but still it is a pain to work on. To do anything to the main
board in the amp unit, it has to come out, which involves removing the front
and back panels. Happy days ...

Arfa

aiwa stereo problem [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 March 22nd 05 12:10 AM
Name that AIWA Dave Electronics 0 January 12th 05 04:00 AM
AIWA CD player problem Mangesh Electronics Repair 8 January 9th 04 03:33 PM
AIWA 3 CD Changer CX-NA555U jimpghpa Electronics Repair 4 November 10th 03 08:09 PM
2300+Monitor Schematics for Tech Engineers (August 2003) list Original UK schematics Monitor Schematics on CD Electronics Repair 1 August 10th 03 12:58 PM