Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jbk jbk is offline

Default Use a notebook TFT as normal monitor

Hello,
can anyone help a newbie here?
I would like to turn my notebooks old TFT into a normal working
Monitor... via VGA probably...
But, there is a problem, i dont have any idea from where to begin!
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanx in advance!
JBK

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

jbk wrote:
Hello,
can anyone help a newbie here?
I would like to turn my notebooks old TFT into a normal working
Monitor... via VGA probably...
But, there is a problem, i dont have any idea from where to begin!
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanx in advance!
JBK

This comes up frequently, the short answer is don't bother. Sure it can
be done, but it would involve building a customized controller and would
cost more than just buying a larger ready made TFT monitor. Notebook TFT
displays are not standard VGA, they use a specialized graphics
controller on the motherboard. It is a very complex thing to attempt and
I'm not aware of anyone who has done it successfully.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You can find some directions through Google (web or groups)
for example it was the text:
-----------------------------------
Hi,
I have built a dvi to lvds converter. However the picture still flickers
and is off by 1 pixel. I think I am having trouble with the vsync. Is
the vsync on the tmds line the same as on the analog port? Does anybody
know if the vsync just does one pulse per frame, I think so but I am not
sure...

Thanks,
Benjamin
-----------------------------------
in Russia !-- saved from
url=(0047)http://forum.ixbt.com/post.cgi?id=print:48:1490 --
working unit for 800x600
-----------------------------------

Regards

Oleg

--
Color Lines Test of intellect:
http://www.mail-tech.com/rit-en.html

Personality test:
www.1dr.biz/wt.html

"jbk" wrote
: ...
Hello,
can anyone help a newbie here?
I would like to turn my notebooks old TFT into a normal working
Monitor... via VGA probably...
But, there is a problem, i dont have any idea from where to begin!
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanx in advance!
JBK

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

jbk wrote:

Hello,
can anyone help a newbie here?
I would like to turn my notebooks old TFT into a normal working
Monitor... via VGA probably...
But, there is a problem, i dont have any idea from where to begin!
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanx in advance!
JBK

its been done, but is far from simple. A usable approach in some cases
is to run remote desktop software, and fire up the laptop on linux
live. This can get round hdd failure, floppy failure, cd failure, and
some other laptop problems, but not all.

NT