Posted to sci.electronics.repair
WT WT is offline

Default GoShoppingMall

I received a coupon for a "free" DVD player from GoShoppingMall. Free
except I have to pay for shipping $14.99. I know it will be an el
cheapo model, but for that price it might just work for a while. What
bothers me is that payment is required as a money order or cashiers
check. I think I'm willing to risk that amount, but a business that
requires that type of payment may not be legit, and I don't feel like
being a total idiot. Does anyone here have any idea about this place?

WT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

WT wrote:
I received a coupon for a "free" DVD player from GoShoppingMall. Free
except I have to pay for shipping $14.99. I know it will be an el
cheapo model, but for that price it might just work for a while. What
bothers me is that payment is required as a money order or cashiers
check. I think I'm willing to risk that amount, but a business that
requires that type of payment may not be legit, and I don't feel like
being a total idiot. Does anyone here have any idea about this place?

WT

Just go to a local store and pick one up, I've seen them as cheap as 20
bucks, yeah they're junk, but then so are ones costing twice as much.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"WT" wrote in message
ups.com...

I received a coupon for a "free" DVD player from GoShoppingMall. Free
except I have to pay for shipping $14.99. I know it will be an el
cheapo model, but for that price it might just work for a while. What
bothers me is that payment is required as a money order or cashiers
check. I think I'm willing to risk that amount, but a business that
requires that type of payment may not be legit, and I don't feel like
being a total idiot. Does anyone here have any idea about this place?

"We purchase many of our products from third party suppliers and
GoShoppingMall.com makes no warranties and is supplied without any expressed
or implied warranties."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0092833AAc7U6G

Is goshoppingmall a scam?

You think the gift cards are all free but the shipping outways the cost of
the itme

Best Answer - Chosen By Voters

yup..scam.

Number of complaints processed by the BBB since the firm's BBB file was
opened in December 2003: 28

Number of complaints processed by the BBB in the last 12 months: 23

Do you need Wiley Coyote to hit you on the head with an Acme hammer?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Acme would suffice, or maybe the more expensive version from Ace. :-)

Thanks guys.

WT

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in message
newsXd1h.38236$P7.24925@edtnps89...

Do you need Wiley Coyote to hit you on the head with an Acme hammer?