Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment,comp.ai.games

Default Any computer games that mimic troubleshooting strategies?

Hello

Any recommendations for computer games that mimic the "trail and
error" and "process of elimination" strategies of
troubleshooting? Do any of these games use artifical intelligence (AI)?

In other words, what games are favorites for technicians who
troubleshoot hardware?

Thank-you
Mark

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

socraticquest wrote:

In other words, what games are favorites for technicians who
troubleshoot hardware?

Thank-you
Mark

UnReal Tournament, I can blast away my frustrations on other people
instead of my customers!

Ron
Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment,comp.ai.games

socraticquest wrote:

Hello

Any recommendations for computer games that mimic the "trail and
error" and "process of elimination" strategies of
troubleshooting?

There's Jot, a word game. But these kind of gameplays arent exactly
thrilling.

NT

Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment,comp.ai.games

"socraticquest" contributed wisdom to
oups.com:

Any recommendations for computer games that mimic the "trail and
error" and "process of elimination" strategies of
troubleshooting? Do any of these games use artifical intelligence (AI)?

In other words, what games are favorites for technicians who
troubleshoot hardware?

I like Dominions 3.
A mythological strategy game that is very deep with many options to
explore. It supports windows, mac, and linux. Dom1 and Dom2 lived for
years on my computers. The game seems to defy the "this is the killer
strategy" that other games develop. And whenever someone says that one of
the nations are worthless I can usually show that they havent played with
its strong points enough.

Dont buy the game without trying the demo. This is seriously NOT a game
that everyone can enjoy. But if strategy and depth means more than
graphics and fast pace, take a look at Dominions 3.
Ummm... ShrapnelGames.com has it

By the way, here is an old note that my boss LOVED!

Hey Boss, look at this.....
"Diagnostic software designed to maximumly test the limits of
memory, disc read/write access, keyboard and mouse inputs, the highest
video settings and sound quality all concurrently. If used on a regular
basis any changes in system performance would be instantly noticed
before degrading to the point of affecting other softwares."
It's called insert-name-of-favorite-game-here

Gandalf Parker
-- WARNING: this game is NOT suitable for students, interns,
apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular
basis. Do not think about Dominions strategys while operating heavy
machinery. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36
hours straight then you should consult a physician immeadiately (Do NOT
show him the game!)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Ron" ) writes:
socraticquest wrote:

In other words, what games are favorites for technicians who
troubleshoot hardware?

Thank-you
Mark

UnReal Tournament, I can blast away my frustrations on other people
instead of my customers!

Ron

I don't see the original post, but I think old text adventure games
may be useful. Because you only see a little, and you have to make
observations based on that.

Michael

Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment,comp.ai.games

"socraticquest" wrote in message
oups.com...

Any recommendations for computer games that mimic the "trail and
error" and "process of elimination" strategies of
troubleshooting? Do any of these games use artifical intelligence (AI)?

Maybe the Infocom ones?

Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment,comp.ai.games

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:36:51 -0700, socraticquest wrote:

Hello

Any recommendations for computer games that mimic the "trail and
error" and "process of elimination" strategies of
troubleshooting? Do any of these games use artifical intelligence (AI)?

In other words, what games are favorites for technicians who
troubleshoot hardware?

Thank-you
Mark

I think Massive Assault has a good deal of trial and error to being
successful at it. The fact that attack damage is set, movement and range
of units are all set and you can redo all your moves until you hit 'end
turn' bring a lot of trial and error to bare. Some of the tutorial/small
mission like games have only one or two successful 'strategies'

I thought it got wildly difficult though.

Carl Lundstedt
UNL