Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LCD monitor screen light shuts off!

I need some inputs from people who are very familiar with these
monitors please. I have a 15 inch LCD monitor where the screen goes
dark (blank-nothing) one second after I turn it on. The green power
light on the front as well as sound stay on. What can be causing this,
and how hard is the repair for someone with a strong electronics
background like myself ? Thank you.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I just had exactly that, and it was bad caps in the power supply.

Bart Bervoets

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote in
news
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:07:41 -0700, moonlite Has Frothed:

I need some inputs from people who are very familiar with these
monitors please. I have a 15 inch LCD monitor where the screen goes
dark (blank-nothing) one second after I turn it on. The green power
light on the front as well as sound stay on. What can be causing
this, and how hard is the repair for someone with a strong
electronics background like myself ? Thank you.

Well if you can shine a light on the LCD and still see an image the
problem may be with the voltage converter for the cold cathode
backlight. I've replaced one on a laptop LCD and it was a small module
made by Hitachi however none of the 5 desktop LCD monitors I own have
yet to fail.

More how-to info he
http://inventgeek.com/Projects/shorts/overview.aspx
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:03:41 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

Well if you can shine a light on the LCD and still see an image the
problem may be with the voltage converter for the cold cathode backlight.
I've replaced one on a laptop LCD and it was a small module made by
Hitachi however none of the 5 desktop LCD monitors I own have yet to fail.

I've seen a lot of desktop monitors with bad back light inverters. In
fact, it's the most common problem I see. A lot of monitors shut
themselves off when they detect a back light problem.
Andy Cuffe

Want a longer lasting light bulb Mel Home Repair 17 October 26th 05 02:25 PM
Light Bulb Phil UK diy 18 March 27th 05 05:50 PM
Found elsewhere but perhaps a bit close to home? John UK diy 5 December 29th 04 11:28 PM
Survey on Newsgroup Behavior Jens Arndt Home Repair 27 November 2nd 04 01:45 PM
Inground spa light replac barry martin Home Repair 0 October 14th 04 12:30 AM