Posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Default Heathkit IM-2400 battery voltage?

I got one of these handheld counters and there's no battery pack so I need
to know the voltage. Any help appreiacted.
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

Posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
. com...

I got one of these handheld counters and there's no battery pack so I need
to know the voltage. Any help appreiacted.

There are a bunch of Heath lists, most on there are hams.

http://www.heathkit-museum.com/

Posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 23:55:45 GMT, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:

I got one of these handheld counters and there's no battery pack so I need
to know the voltage. Any help appreiacted.
tnx

There's a manual for the IM2410 counter he
http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/heath/im2410/

It's probably worth a look.

John

Posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Henry Kolesnik wrote:

I got one of these handheld counters and there's no battery pack so I need
to know the voltage. Any help appreciated.
tnx

Why not ask Heathkit? They are still in business.
http://www.heathkit.com/

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

I failed to mention that the IM-2400 is a handheld about the size of a large
TV remote. It looks like it may have had nicads in it they're missing and
all I see a red wire with no connector dangling, no ground but I think I
could use the grond of the PC board. So I need to know the voltage. BTW
the BAMA site has a desk model, AC powered.
tnx

--

73
Hank WD5JFR
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Henry Kolesnik wrote:

I got one of these handheld counters and there's no battery pack so I
need
to know the voltage. Any help appreciated.
tnx

Why not ask Heathkit? They are still in business.
http://www.heathkit.com/

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Henry Kolesnik wrote:
I failed to mention that the IM-2400 is a handheld about the size of a large
TV remote. It looks like it may have had nicads in it they're missing and
all I see a red wire with no connector dangling, no ground but I think I
could use the grond of the PC board. So I need to know the voltage. BTW
the BAMA site has a desk model, AC powered.

Hi...

I have one... the back panel says:

(quote)

EIA-416

Five - 1.2v ni-cad batteries
(heath co. part no. 418-32)

CAUTION: operational hazard may exist
if any battery charger other than the model
specified in the manual is used

(end quote)

Take care.

Ken
Posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Ken
Boy am I embarassed becasue mine says the same thing, you can sure see a lot
by just looking. I thought I'd be than that at 65, woe is me.
Thanks

--

73
Hank WD5JFR
"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message
Henry Kolesnik wrote:
I failed to mention that the IM-2400 is a handheld about the size of a
large TV remote. It looks like it may have had nicads in it they're
missing and all I see a red wire with no connector dangling, no ground
but I think I could use the grond of the PC board. So I need to know the
voltage. BTW the BAMA site has a desk model, AC powered.

Hi...

I have one... the back panel says:

(quote)

EIA-416

Five - 1.2v ni-cad batteries
(heath co. part no. 418-32)

CAUTION: operational hazard may exist
if any battery charger other than the model
specified in the manual is used

(end quote)

Take care.

Ken

Posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,sci.electronics.repair

Henry Kolesnik wrote:
Ken
Boy am I embarassed becasue mine says the same thing, you can sure see a lot
by just looking. I thought I'd be than that at 65, woe is me.
Thanks

Hi Henry...

Not a problem, I'll trade you ages

Should have mentioned that the manual will still be around here,
so if you'd like any pages scanned just let me know.

Take care.

Ken