Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sirius radio receiver module repair

In a Nissan pickup, this is the factory satellite ready head unit and under
dash Sirius module. In the SAT mode, display shows 'ACQUIRING' with a pop in
the audio about every 15 seconds. Worked fine up till last saturday night.
It's not a signal issue, that would display 'NO SIGNAL' and it's not an
antenna issue, that would display 'ANTENNA'.

Anyone have information regarding troubleshooting/repairing these things?

Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

First off, I don't, but I bought a few extra units in case mine died. I
have the lifetime and figured I could swap parts around and hope for
the best if my unit failed. That might be a path to take. Look on
ebay and see if you can find a model like yours and then pull out the
SMD workstation. I think it will be hard to repair these things
because of the security built into the units to prevent hacking. But
if someone could point out the chip that holds that subscriber info and
you can swap that around you might be able to get it to work. Also in
case you have the lifetime I think it is only $75.00 to transfer to
another receiver. If all else fails. If those things don't work it
might be a good excuse to buy the new Sirius Stiletto. I think it is
the best unit Sirius has released, I think.
Russ