Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default my LocationFreeTV won't access the 'net.

I'm using my PSP to interface with the LFTV box. This portion of the
connection goes swimmingly, but the connection between the LFTV box and
my router is hindered for some reason. I've forwarded the port (5021)
and have the router operating in the DMZ. However, I need a wireless
transmitter (a Linksys wireless gaming transmitter) to make the
connection from the LFTV box to the router. Does the LFTV box recognize
such connections?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi!

However, I need a wireless
transmitter (a Linksys wireless gaming transmitter) to make the
connection from the LFTV box to the router. Does the LFTV box recognize
such connections?

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but the Linksys wireless
gaming transmitter is nothing more than a "passive" device that converts
data from any old wired Ethernet connection to a Wi-Fi signal. (I bought
mine and use it exclusively for the purpose of connecting older computers
that will never see a Wi-Fi card to a wireless network.)

I would start by checking to make sure the Linksys transmitter is correctly
configured and that it's getting the signal. My WGA-11b is pretty picky in
certain locations. Also check to be sure that any security measures (MAC
filter, WEP/WPA encryption, etc) are configured correctly on your wireless
access point.

Finally, check out the IP address information to be sure the device is using
the right settings. In most cases you will probably use DHCP to let the
device automatically request its configuration from a router/wireless access
point.

I don't think you'll need to mess around with the DMZ or port forwarding
settings when everything is working right.

William