Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Syl Syl is offline

Default Sony KV-27XBR50 no video, sound OK

Hi all,

Dunno if someone can help me with this problema.

Someone suggested I ask to experts, so here I am.

Strange problem; If I leave my TV unplugged for say a week or two and plug
it back
everything turns on fine, for weeks...Until there is a power failure or if
the TV is unplugged
.. Then I find only 3 color lines on the first third of the screen followed
by white lines (random, not noise
like when no signal) below that with extreme pincushion. Audio is fine and I
can see the
channel ID -although distorted- right below the 3 color lines (B-R-G).

Aside from leaving it unplugged for weeks, what suggestion do you guyz have
?

I do not have a schematic and have -somewhat- limited knowledge on TV, but I
believe
I can follow directions as I am not new to electronics repairs.

Repair shops around are mostly incompetents scammers (unfortunately)
from past experience, the reason I'd prefer to do it myself IF I can.

Kind regards,
Syl

P.S. Yes I know about high voltage...