Posted to sci.electronics.repair
son in law

Default Sony 10" KV-10FMR20 Video fadeing in and out intermittently

Mother in law has a Sony KV-10FMR20, a little 10" (?) CRT set with an
integrated FM radio (big speaker).

The video will fade out after awhile (the screen is blank like the
set's off). Sound still works, and the video sometimes fades back in.

Always works when I turn it on. Before I get out the hair dryer, does
anyone recognize a well known problem ?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bby

you will need to re solder the crt socket on this monitor . it is a
very common problem .

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

son wrote:
Mother in law has a Sony KV-10FMR20, a little 10" (?) CRT set with an
integrated FM radio (big speaker).

The video will fade out after awhile (the screen is blank like the
set's off). Sound still works, and the video sometimes fades back in.

Always works when I turn it on. Before I get out the hair dryer, does
anyone recognize a well known problem ?

crt heater connections, look at:
-crt neckboard
and
-where thosde cables join the mainboard.
resolder. should be that simple. if youre not good with a soldering
iron, get it to a tech, who ought to take a few minutes only to do that
job,
-b.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bby

son wrote:
Mother in law has a Sony KV-10FMR20, a little 10" (?) CRT set with an
integrated FM radio (big speaker).

The video will fade out after awhile (the screen is blank like the
set's off). Sound still works, and the video sometimes fades back in.

Always works when I turn it on. Before I get out the hair dryer, does
anyone recognize a well known problem ?

you will need to re soldered the crt socket on this monitor . it is a
very common problem.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
son in law

On 2 Jan 2006 15:59:35 -0800, "b" wrote:

son wrote:
Mother in law has a Sony KV-10FMR20, a little 10" (?) CRT set with an
integrated FM radio (big speaker).

The video will fade out after awhile (the screen is blank like the
set's off). Sound still works, and the video sometimes fades back in.

Always works when I turn it on. Before I get out the hair dryer, does
anyone recognize a well known problem ?

crt heater connections, look at:
-crt neckboard
and
-where thosde cables join the mainboard.
resolder. should be that simple. if youre not good with a soldering
iron, get it to a tech, who ought to take a few minutes only to do that
job,
-b.

a thousand thanks you guys. i can handle the soldering.

nasa wouldn't hire me but I'll get the job done.

it's so old though, I hope it doesn't spring a leak in it's balloon

was looking around, and didn't see much to replace it with quality
wise. these were nice little sets for the kitchen as they had great
picture and sound quality for a little 10" crt.

Thanks again.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
son in law

son wrote:
Mother in law has a Sony KV-10FMR20, a little 10" (?) CRT set with an
integrated FM radio (big speaker).

hmmm... I wonder if the big bass boosted speaker on top of the unit
causes the failures in the solder joints on the neck circuit board due
to vibrations.

well it certainly took a while for this one to go.

thanks again.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
son in law

On 2 Jan 2006 16:01:21 -0800, "bby" wrote:

son wrote:
Mother in law has a Sony KV-10FMR20, a little 10" (?) CRT set with an
integrated FM radio (big speaker).

The video will fade out after awhile (the screen is blank like the
set's off). Sound still works, and the video sometimes fades back in.

Always works when I turn it on. Before I get out the hair dryer, does
anyone recognize a well known problem ?

you will need to re soldered the crt socket on this monitor . it is a
very common problem.

Worked great. Thanks again.