Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony 10" KV-10FMR20 Video fadeing in and out intermittently

son wrote:
Mother in law has a Sony KV-10FMR20, a little 10" (?) CRT set with an
integrated FM radio (big speaker).

The video will fade out after awhile (the screen is blank like the
set's off). Sound still works, and the video sometimes fades back in.

Always works when I turn it on. Before I get out the hair dryer, does
anyone recognize a well known problem ?

crt heater connections, look at:
-crt neckboard
and
-where thosde cables join the mainboard.
resolder. should be that simple. if youre not good with a soldering
iron, get it to a tech, who ought to take a few minutes only to do that
job,
-b.