Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Magnavox VCR model VR1841 - need transistor ID please

Peabody spake thus:

I'd like to thank everyone for their help on this.

I found a schematic for a generic Panasonic SMPS he

http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/vcrps.pdf

I've gone through pretty much everything, and found six bad parts on
the primary side, but nothing bad (even the 18V zener) on the
secondary side. Here's the bad stuff:

Q1 2SC4418
Q2 2SD1458
C4 82UF 200V "CE"
C5 4.7UF 200V "CE-US" Marcon
R23 0.61 ohm, 1W metal film
D3 small unknown diode

But I'm kinda stuck on where to get this stuff. The only places
that have both transistors are MCM and Globalsemi, and I found this
rather distrubing review about MCM:

[bad review snipped]

So find another vendor. Just for laughs, I entered the transistor part
#s into NTE's x-reference page, and found they have equivalents for both:

2SC4418-- NTE2337
2SD1458-- NTE16006

(Their site is
http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm)

So you can probably find all this stuff somewhere else, and hopefully
for less than $25.

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

- motto of the Church of Euthanasia (http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/)

Finding manuals for old Kenmore washer/dryer (model 110) [email protected] Home Repair 4 December 28th 05 12:02 AM
Old Unisaw Model # Mike O. Woodworking 4 November 5th 05 06:30 AM
Magnavox TV model RS4254WA02, Ch. 19C506 no audio (repost) Lenny Electronics Repair 1 June 11th 04 05:04 PM
Magnavox TV model RS4254WA02, Ch. 19C506 no audio Lenny Electronics Repair 0 June 5th 04 07:04 PM
Old Philips Magnavox Model XL8530 AK01 Projo - No Power Ron Novini Electronics Repair 1 May 26th 04 04:10 PM