Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need to clear TRAP flag on plasma PDP-504PU.

PDP-504PU (Type: TUCK)

Just called and they don't support plasma (huh?).

Our shop is pioneer authorized shop and downloaded that service manual
to look for info on clear the TRAP trip flag. Got it that, clearing
TRAP section but huh? No info on entering into factory service mode
in order to clear this TRAP flag. The FSM says have to enter into
service mode first via jig or remote (even service manual left out the
details for entering into service mode by substituting that with
"Know-how"!).

Due to nature of this sensitive info due to DMCA thing, best to email
me directly.

Thanks & Cheers, Wizard
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jason D." wrote in message

The FSM says have to enter into
service mode first via jig or remote (even service manual left out the
details for entering into service mode by substituting that with
"Know-how"!).

Apparently one TV I have (Konka) to get into service I need to open the
remote and look for an 'extra' button!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e... edb116e787ca

Denying an independent technician access to service info and spares is
one thing, but going to the extent of rigging the set with booby traps
is pushing it too far. This Just reflects poorly on the mental make up
of the designers and top shots in these organisations, they obviously
lack a conscience and have issues with morality. I've convinced 8
customers ever since that pioneer and jvc are bad buys and succesfully
diverted them to other brands. So you wanna mess with us techies huh ?.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"jango2" wrote in message
ps.com...

Denying an independent technician access to service info and spares is
one thing, but going to the extent of rigging the set with booby traps
is pushing it too far. This Just reflects poorly on the mental make up
of the designers and top shots in these organisations, they obviously
lack a conscience and have issues with morality. I've convinced 8
customers ever since that pioneer and jvc are bad buys and succesfully
diverted them to other brands. So you wanna mess with us techies huh ?.

I remember this was a joke article in Radio Electronics maybe 40+ years
ago - the "Little Wonder" TV would burn a VOID message on its own screen if
tampered with.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"jango2" wrote in message
ps.com...
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e... edb116e787ca

Denying an independent technician access to service info and spares is
one thing, but going to the extent of rigging the set with booby traps
is pushing it too far. This Just reflects poorly on the mental make up
of the designers and top shots in these organisations, they obviously
lack a conscience and have issues with morality. I've convinced 8
customers ever since that pioneer and jvc are bad buys and succesfully
diverted them to other brands. So you wanna mess with us techies huh ?.

And what good did it do? Pioneer and JVC aren't the only companies whos
product uses a trap switch. The switch is there because hollywood
successfully lobbied to get it put there by law. Some products use other
schemes, some more secure and some less. Fact is once you know the switch is
there, or in the case of JVC optical sensor, you can cover it with a .02
cent piece of tape. Surely any tech worth his pay can find the switch
easily. RCA DLP's use a coded number passed on the HDMI cable from the
signal board to the light engine and shut down data transmission if the
cable is unplugged. Far as I can see none of these schemes are truly secure,
they just keep the average joe from copying content, much like a lock keeps
honest people honest. A crook will circumvent it anyway.

Quite honestly it isn't the manufacturer you should look at on this, it's
the Hollywood guys.

Personally as a tech I like the trap switch, because you sure know when
John Q Public has been screwing with the inside of the set!

Jammy

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
EDM EDM is offline

"ampdoc" wrote in message .. .

"jango2" wrote in message
ps.com...

[...]

John Q Public has every right to 'screw with the inside of
the set', since he's the owner of it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

EDM wrote:

John Q Public has every right to 'screw with the inside of
the set', since he's the owner of it.

And to lie when he claims he hasn't been inside making things worse?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida