Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sanyo DS27214 - Subbing the Power Supply?

Does anyone have a schematic for this set, chassis 27214-00 ? The
switching power supply is fried, someones kid spilled Koolaid or something
inside it, and I'm thinking of attempting a last-ditch repair effort. I plan
to sub the power supply with that from a completely different TV chassis,
but in order to do that I need to know exact what supply voltages are
needed. Bypassing a power supply with a different or even homemade one is
beyond the patience of most techs, but personally I'd rather spend a few
hours building something from scrap parts, than gamble money on OEM parts
that might end up fried the instant power is applied.
Thanks for any help

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I managed to rig up a power supply - no thanks to you guys - but perhaps you
can help me with one other thing. The set remains powered all the time -
pressing Power only mutes the audio. Can anyone tell me how this set
normally goes through its powerup sequence?

"Chris F." wrote in message
Does anyone have a schematic for this set, chassis 27214-00 ? The
switching power supply is fried, someones kid spilled Koolaid or something
inside it, and I'm thinking of attempting a last-ditch repair effort. I
plan to sub the power supply with that from a completely different TV
chassis, but in order to do that I need to know exact what supply voltages
are needed. Bypassing a power supply with a different or even homemade one
is beyond the patience of most techs, but personally I'd rather spend a
few hours building something from scrap parts, than gamble money on OEM
parts that might end up fried the instant power is applied.
Thanks for any help

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Chris F." wrote in message
Does anyone have a schematic for this set, chassis 27214-00 ? The
switching power supply is fried, someones kid spilled Koolaid or something
inside it, and I'm thinking of attempting a last-ditch repair effort. I
plan to sub the power supply with that from a completely different TV
chassis, but in order to do that I need to know exact what supply voltages
are needed. Bypassing a power supply with a different or even homemade one
is beyond the patience of most techs, but personally I'd rather spend a
few hours building something from scrap parts, than gamble money on OEM
parts that might end up fried the instant power is applied.
Thanks for any help

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address

I do hope you never plan on giving or selling the tv set to anyone with
the non-UL, non-approved homemade power supply.

It is one thing to rig up the set to verify that there are no other
problems, another to do an unsafe repair and send it out to someone
else.

What is the problem in properly repairing the switch mode power supply?
They are not that hard to repair properly and be sure they are
repaired 100%.