Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Help ID smt diode

Surface mount diode out of a V, Inc Vizio P4 plasma tv.
has V6 33 I can't find anything on this. V, Inc has good support for 1
year, then nothing.

Thanks much, Scott

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:00:38 -0700, "Scott Lane"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Surface mount diode out of a V, Inc Vizio P4 plasma tv.
has V6 33 I can't find anything on this. V, Inc has good support for 1
year, then nothing.

Thanks much, Scott

Is it a 33V (33.6V ???) reference/zener diode for the tuner?

Are there any circuit references that could identify the diode type?

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:00:38 -0700, "Scott Lane"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Surface mount diode out of a V, Inc Vizio P4 plasma tv.
has V6 33 I can't find anything on this. V, Inc has good support for 1
year, then nothing.

Thanks much, Scott

Is it a 33V (33.6V ???) reference/zener diode for the tuner?

Are there any circuit references that could identify the diode type?

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks Franc
The circuit I am rebuilding appears to be a very large power supply. There
is a bank of (8) 500v TO-247 MOSFET IRFP460A supposedly for an smps or some
power for the plasma screen. 6 of these are shorted as well as the smt
diode. I think it is a Schottky, but not sure. I want to get the correct
part because if it's not right this thing is going to let out some smoke.

I will post a picture to my website and shortly post a link to it here . . .
Thanks again, Scott