BlakeOPS

Default SC319A Symphonic 19" TVCR (Diode D614)

Hello,
SC319A Symphonic 19" TVCR
This TV was made in Sept. 2000. The first problems occured in October
2003.
The TV smoked and displayed nothing on the CRT, appeared to not turn
on. Upon opening the TV, diode D614 was found to be cracked open and
left burn marks on the PC board. I am hoping that by replacing the
diode, the TV will function properly, although I am aware that the
bursting of the diode could be a result from a different faulty
component. The D614 diode is located in the COLD section of the PC
board.
What would be extremely helpful is any data about this diode:
Symphonic (FUNAI) part number, schematics, specifications of the
diode, where I can get a replacement, etc. I would be willing to
purchase a valid replacement for this diode from a repair shop,
including a fair markup.

Thank you,
Blake

Sofie

snipped:
"BlakeOPS" wrote in message
The TV smoked and displayed nothing on the CRT, appeared to not turn
on. Upon opening the TV, diode D614 was found to be cracked open and
left burn marks on the PC board. I am hoping that by replacing the
diode, the TV will function properly, although I am aware that the
bursting of the diode could be a result from a different faulty
component. The D614 diode is located in the COLD section of the PC
board.
diode, where I can get a replacement, etc.

I would be willing to
purchase a valid replacement for this diode from a repair shop,
including a fair markup.
Blake

BlakeOPS:
Yes, you are correct,. BEFORE you replace the diode or even start a search
to find a source you really should perform additional troubleshooting and
component tests. More than likely there will be additional faults and
maybe other faulty components you will need to purchase. To just blindly
replace only the visibly burnt part will probably result in burning up the
new replacement diode that you purchased and maybe cause additional damage
to the circuitry..
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie