Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony KVC2983

Hi,

I have a problem with a Sony KVC2983E.
When I start the set it takes 5 minutes or more before the picture
appears, normally this takes 30sec or so. All tips welcome

Greetings,
Patrick
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:22:16 +0000, Patrick Craenen wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem with a Sony KVC2983E.
When I start the set it takes 5 minutes or more before the picture
appears, normally this takes 30sec or so. All tips welcome

Greetings,
Patrick

I forgot to mention the chassis is a BE-3B.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:22:16 +0000, Patrick Craenen wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem with a Sony KVC2983E.
When I start the set it takes 5 minutes or more before the picture
appears, normally this takes 30sec or so. All tips welcome

Greetings,
Patrick

I opened the tuner (BTP-EC411) and found it has been re-soldered in the
past in a not very neat way! I think the best solution is to order a new
Sony BTP-EC411 or the Philips equivalent UV916H tuner. Doe anybody know
where to order one of those tuners in Belgium?

Regards,
Patrick
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Patrick Craenen wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem with a Sony KVC2983E.
When I start the set it takes 5 minutes or more before the picture
appears, normally this takes 30sec or so. All tips welcome

Greetings,
Patrick

Do you get a Rasteron the screen , or blank screen? if it is a Blank
Screen then you have a weak pix tube, and the delay is caused by the IK
curcuit, which delays on screen , until all three guns are almost of
equal output. sometimes you can just crank up the G2 Control just a tad
and speed up the turn on. but you will soon need a pix tube. or replace
the set which is mor cost effective
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:55:12 -0400, David Naylor wrote:

Patrick Craenen wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem with a Sony KVC2983E.
When I start the set it takes 5 minutes or more before the picture
appears, normally this takes 30sec or so. All tips welcome

Greetings,
Patrick

Do you get a Rasteron the screen , or blank screen? if it is a Blank
Screen then you have a weak pix tube, and the delay is caused by the IK
curcuit, which delays on screen , until all three guns are almost of
equal output. sometimes you can just crank up the G2 Control just a tad
and speed up the turn on. but you will soon need a pix tube. or replace
the set which is mor cost effective

Thanks for your reply.

The sound is OK and i can see the OSD in the right upper corner but it
seems to be suppressed, if there is not much light in the room the green
OSD is clearly visible. For the rest the screen is blank till it comes up
after ca. 5 minutes.

Greetings,
Patrick

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:22:16 +0000, Patrick Craenen wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem with a Sony KVC2983E.
When I start the set it takes 5 minutes or more before the picture
appears, normally this takes 30sec or so. All tips welcome

Greetings,
Patrick

The problem was fixed by replacing the the tuner (BTP-EC411) with the
equivalent Philips UV916H tuner.

Thanks for the feedback
Best regards,
Patrick Craenen