Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pioneer SD-P5057 with sound but no picture.

When I turn on the tv, I get no picture, but I do get sound. However,
the sound starts cutting out after like 3 minutes and then completely
goes out after about 4 minutes. If I unplug the tv for 15-20 minutes
and replug, I get sound again...for another couple minutes until it
cuts out. What could my problem be? Electrolytes or the flashback
transformer?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Plus probably a whole lot of very poorly soldered connections on the power
supply/deflection board. May also have problems in the convergence circuitry
shutting the set down.
"kip" wrote in message
.. .
Sounds like Bad Caps...

"dominate9" wrote in message
ups.com...
When I turn on the tv, I get no picture, but I do get sound. However,
the sound starts cutting out after like 3 minutes and then completely
goes out after about 4 minutes. If I unplug the tv for 15-20 minutes
and replug, I get sound again...for another couple minutes until it
cuts out. What could my problem be? Electrolytes or the flashback
transformer?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"dominate9" wrote in message
ups.com...
When I turn on the tv, I get no picture, but I do get sound. However,
the sound starts cutting out after like 3 minutes and then completely
goes out after about 4 minutes. If I unplug the tv for 15-20 minutes
and replug, I get sound again...for another couple minutes until it
cuts out. What could my problem be? Electrolytes or the flashback
transformer?

Yeah, sounds like you need to top up your electrolytes. There should be a
small reservoir inside the enclosure somewhere with purple electrolyte in
it. Make sure and use the purple, not yellow as per manufacturer's
recommendations.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default troll

Dave wrote:

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You've never seen wet electrolytics? Wet rectifiers? Magnetic amplifiers? I
must be a lot older than you.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Yeah, the tv is old....made in 89. None of the components wet. I
decided see anything leaking. Should I replace all the caps or just
the big one (size wise)?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"dominate9" wrote in message
ups.com...

Yeah, the tv is old....made in 89. None of the components wet. I
decided see anything leaking. Should I replace all the caps or just
the big one (size wise)?

It was his feeble attempt at sarcasm. Ignore it.

Repair on this set should not be too hard however you need the proper
equipment. At least I would look at the speaker and also see if it has a
headphone jack which may have a faulty switch. Other than that you really
need to fault find. Guessing is usually unsuccessful.