Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Jim is offline

Default sony protector error

upon power-up, my sony str-d1015 receiver goes into protect mode. i
checked all speaker connections and all checked out ok. i followed the
advice of another member who had the same problem and found part #
stk350-230 to be at fault. i purchased IC stk350-230 from mcm and want
to install it but, i can't see how to release the old part. it seems
to have a
plastic hold-down (or shield) around it holding it in place. can
anyone help me? thanks. jim

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jim wrote:
upon power-up, my sony str-d1015 receiver goes into protect mode. i
checked all speaker connections and all checked out ok. i followed the
advice of another member who had the same problem and found part #
stk350-230 to be at fault. i purchased IC stk350-230 from mcm and want
to install it but, i can't see how to release the old part. it seems
to have a
plastic hold-down (or shield) around it holding it in place. can
anyone help me? thanks. jim

Hey Jim,

Sounds to me like the part is held in place by a IC holder. Most of
these are solderless so that the IC should just pop right out. They
sometimes can be in there real good.

Have you tried wailing on the chip? Maybe a quick spray of
electro-contact cleaner may convince it to come out easier.

If this doesn't work, go to Radio Shack. Buy a cheap soldering Iron,
and some solder and some flux and some solder wick. And go about
taking it out the old fashion way. And remember, sometimes if you want
to get rid of solder, you have to use more solder.

Chriswill

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jim wrote:

upon power-up, my sony str-d1015 receiver goes into protect mode. i
checked all speaker connections and all checked out ok. i followed the
advice of another member who had the same problem and found part #
stk350-230 to be at fault. i purchased IC stk350-230 from mcm and want
to install it but, i can't see how to release the old part. it seems
to have a
plastic hold-down (or shield) around it holding it in place. can
anyone help me? thanks. jim

Before replacing ANY chips on the hot running SONY's, ALL suspicious
solder connections around the output stage should be redone and then
the unit checked again before replacing any parts. SOmetimes is just
the solder connections.

Bob

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jim" wrote in news:1156835668.999528.179630
@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

From the subject line, I thought, "Gee is Sony making pocket protectors
now? And do they give error codes?" (c

Posted to sci.electronics.repair