Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Display Fault with Coloured TV.

Hi All,

I am having a dipslay problem with my GRANADA coloured TV. It actually
turns the whole screen in yellowish shade affecting all other other
colurs being displayed. Sometimes, it works fine but mostly it does
not. I tried by opening and cleaning its picture tube and other
components and found that the filament in the glass tube at the back of
big displaying unit has developed a burn mark in the mid portion. I
dont know whether this the reasom of the problem or not. Any help in
this regard will highly be appreciated.

Regards,

Asim

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Asim wrote:
Hi All,

I am having a dipslay problem with my GRANADA coloured TV. It actually
turns the whole screen in yellowish shade affecting all other other
colurs being displayed. Sometimes, it works fine but mostly it does
not. I tried by opening and cleaning its picture tube and other
components and found that the filament in the glass tube at the back of
big displaying unit has developed a burn mark in the mid portion. I
dont know whether this the reasom of the problem or not. Any help in
this regard will highly be appreciated.

Regards,

Asim

This set must be a very old ex-rental set, given that Granada stopped
renting TVs about 10 years ago.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Asim wrote:

Hi All,

I am having a dipslay problem with my GRANADA coloured TV. It actually
turns the whole screen in yellowish shade affecting all other other
colurs being displayed. Sometimes, it works fine but mostly it does
not. I tried by opening and cleaning its picture tube and other
components and found that the filament in the glass tube at the back of
big displaying unit has developed a burn mark in the mid portion. I
dont know whether this the reasom of the problem or not. Any help in
this regard will highly be appreciated.

Regards,

Asim

Probably a fault with the blue video drive. Given your apparent lack of
knowledge, cleaning it out as you did was probably a dangerous thing to
do.

Drive adjustment pots are a reasonably likely candidate, so if youre
resigned to dumping it you could learn how to set video drive up,
twiddle them back and forth a bit then readjust. However if
inexperienced youre quite likely to be unable to get it set up ok. Also
youd need to know the dangers inside tvs before playing, tvs and nukes
are the 2 most dangerous household items to play with.

NT

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...

Drive adjustment pots are a reasonably likely candidate, so if youre
resigned to dumping it you could learn how to set video drive up,
twiddle them back and forth a bit then readjust. However if
inexperienced youre quite likely to be unable to get it set up ok. Also
youd need to know the dangers inside tvs before playing, tvs and nukes
are the 2 most dangerous household items to play with.

Hmmm. I'd have made a microwave my #1 pick.