Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Goodmans (matrix) GTV76W2VPLSIL picture distorted at sides

So I turned on the old zombie box the other day as it was a special
occasion (the girlfriend was visiting me in the new flat) and we sat
down to watch a film. Now normally I watch 3-4 hours a week of tv, and
9/10 it's the simpsons, which demands my full attention so I haven't
noticed this before. But as we were watching the matrix for the
umpteenth time, I noticed that the picture was indenting on both sides -
more so on the right hand side, and it's definately more pronounced when
there's bright stuff on the screen.

My google fu is weak today - pulling up only 9 results from the model
number (I presume its the model number at least) and none of them seem
to help diagnose the fault without wanting money which I dont have.

The observant would have noticed that the TV is a Goodmans, it says
matrix on the front panel and the only number on the back that doesnt
look like a serial number is GTV76W2VPLSIL. To note, my girlfriend has
an almost identical TV, only it's got a BUSH badge on it (no idea of the
model at the moment) and the only difference I can see from the outside
is placement of a few connectors.

i've seen this sort of thing before on tv's and monitors so I suspect
it's a common problem, and hopefully one that's easy to remedy.

Any pointers on what might be the cause of this?

Thanks
Mark